20 Marvelous Behind-the-Scenes Shots That Are Sure to Make History
When it comes to the magic of moviemaking, it takes a lot of work to make the impossible a reality. While special effects are nearly as old as film itself (it has even appeared in silent films), the industry has come a long way. You’d be surprised to see how some of your favorite action scenes became a reality.
We at Bright Side love sharing the scenes from our favorite movies and revealing how they were made, and we can’t wait for you to see it all!
1. To be fair, Sean Gunn is cuter than a talking raccoon.
© Guardians of the Galaxy / Marvel
2. No, Hollywood movies don’t usually set the actors on fire.
© Deadpool / 20th Century Fox
3. Who’s a good boy?
© The Twilight Saga: Eclipse / Summit Entertainment
4. A stormy day may start out green and bright.
© Godzilla / Warner Brothers
5. It’s like space is just a room away...
© Gravity / Warner Brothers
6. That said, I’m sure one day we’ll make it through the looking glass.
© Alice in Wonderland / Disney
7. So, you’re saying you shouldn’t go out and pet tigers?
© Life of Pi / Fox 2000
8. It’s never been this easy to get to the seashore.
© Boardwalk Empire / HBO
9. We can put a man on the moon and have a war in the stars.
© Star Wars: The Force Awakens / Disney
10. You’d think they’d use a green screen to get to Emerald City but to each his own.
© Oz the Great and Powerful / Disney
11. The most impressive part is how the pillow and wall changed color.
© The Dark Knight / Warner Brothers
12. Now, if we could just find a way to actually travel back in time to the ’20s...
© The Great Gatsby / Warner Brother
13. It’s time to turn off the lights (and put up the sun)!
© The Hobbit / New Line Cinema
14. Being an action hero is much safer when using a harness.
© The Matrix / Warner Brothers
15. Who knew that getting superpowers could be so easy?
© X-Men: Days of Future Past / 20th Century Fox
16. Finally, after all these years, they tell us how to get some air on a broomstick.
© Harry Potter and the Half-Blooded Prince / Warner Brothers
17. Sadly, giant, talking turtles are hard to come by, so you’ve got to get creative.
© Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles / Nickelodeon Movies
18. Who knew it was so easy to make a monkey out of you?
© Rise of the Planet of the Apes / 20th Century Fox
19. It’s time to put on the air conditioner!
© The Avengers / Marvel
20. This has got to be the easiest way to lose weight.
© The Lord of the Rings / New Line Cinema
Bonus: People can have fun even in-between shots.
© Avengers: Endgame / Marvel
A lot of times, some of the most interesting stuff ends up on the cutting room floor, especially if the cast and crew were just having fun. During Avengers: Endgame, some behind-the-scenes shenanigans included singing “Happy Birthday” to Iron Man, or Robert Downey Jr. giving Tom Holland a friendly peck on the cheek!
Do you know any other tricks filmmakers use to make their movies even more impressive? Let us know!
Preview photo credit Avengers: Endgame / Marvel